Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Teaching in 2020


Five things that are really important that I hope my students learn from me as a teacher...

1) I want my students to try new things so they can find something they are good at and see that they can be good at art. I want to teach that there are many different aspects of art, not just drawing and painting. I will include a large selection of mediums and teach technique and do interesting projects so my students will be able to find their passion and skills in art class.  
2) I want to create an environment that my students feel they can express themselves without judgment. Creativity is something that should be discovered through practice and play.
3) I want to try and incorporate other aspects of the student’s curriculum into the art classroom. Being able to see the connection between art and subjects such as math, science, English ect.
4) I would love to show students that art isn’t just in museums and books, but it is found everywhere. Art is something that can be seen in nature and on tv and anywhere in everyday life. Children just need to open their eyes to art in the world.
5) Something that I want to include in my art classroom is Art History. In high school, my art teachers never really included any aspects of the history of art in their curriculum. Having taken art history classes in college, I realize how important art history in learning about art and teaching art.

No comments:

Post a Comment